Monday, April 28, 2008

Ben is finally back on the potty!



Ben went to the doctor a couple weeks ago. He had been saying it hurt when he pee peed, he had a fever, and his urine smelled really strong. I was afraid he had a bladder infection or something but the doctor said that is really rare in little boys and he probably just wasn't drinking enough water. He still wanted to try to get a urine specimine from him just in case it was a infection. So we spent a couple hours at the doctors office trying to get him to pee in a cup or on the potty in one of those things that catch urine. Well, he was screaming and he did NOT want to pee! I don't know what happened b/c he was really starting to use the potty @ home. Of course at home he used his potty, he didn't use the big potty. I think that maybe that was what scared him. I even called his daddy, who was at home doing homework, to come to the doctors office and maybe they could each pee in a cup! LOL It didn't work! So we went home and I started watering down his juice alot more and he hasn't complained since and his pee is back to normal. Well, ever since that day he wouldn't even try to get on his potty, but today he finally did. I was brushing my teeth and Alan was using the bathroom (TMI LOL) and Ben saw his daddy and decided he wanted to go potty! YAY! So he went and got a magazine and sat down on the potty! It was so cute! It was so stinkin cute I had to take some pics. I'm sure when he is a teenager he will kill me for posting pictures of him on his potty for everyone to see!

2 comments:

Paige Todd said...

love the pics!!! laurel thinks they are funny! ben will really thank you for this when he's older!!! lol! and it's nice to know that when you are brushing your teeth it doesn't stop alan from doing his business! hahaha!!!

mommyof2angels said...

At least he's interested in the potty again! I always water the kids juice down b/c that's the only way I can get them to drink water!